Some people can arrange their own transportation to and from the trailheads or around trail gaps. Others may prefer to pay someone to drive their groups. When the cost is shared among the members of the group, it may be quite reasonable. Similarly, some people will prefer to make their own hotel reservations, and others may prefer to have that done by someone more experienced. Some of these outfitters will arrange fully-outfitted trips as well as shuttles. We are not personally familiar with most of these services. We present this information for your convenience; it is not a review or recommendation.
Bike and Roll, Washington, DC
(202) 842-2453 https://bikeandrolldc.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Bike and segway rental, bike repairs in Washington and Alexandria. Also day tours around Washington.
2 Wheel Escapes, Brunswick, MD
(240) 674-7626 https://2wheelescapes.com/ email@example.com
trip planning, shuttle services and trip packages along the GAP and C & O
Harpers Ferry Adventure Center, Hillsboro, VA
(540) 668-9007 https://harpersferryadventurecenter.com/?utm_source=googlelocallistings&utm_medium=organic
River & Trail Outfitters, Knoxville, MD
(301) 834-9950 http://www.rivertrail.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Shuttles for al point between Pittsburgh and Washington. Complete SAG support. Also bike rentals are available in Brunswick.
Jefferson County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Harpers Ferry, WV
(866) 435-5698 http://discoveritallwv.com/
Teahorse Hostel, Harpers Ferry, WV
(304) 535-6848 http://www.teahorsehostel.com/ email@example.com
Shuttle along the C&O, Gap and Appalachian trails, and to Washington airports. Hostel with a waffle breakfast
Shepherdstown Pedal and Paddle, Shepherdstown, WV
(304) 876-3000 http://www.thepedalpaddle.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Shuttles in the Shepherdstown area. Also bike rental, repairs and sales.
C&O Bicycle & Bunkhouse, Hancock, MD
(301) 678-6665 https://www.candobicycle.com/ email@example.com
Shuttles anywhere along the C&O Canal and WMRT. Needs at least 48 hours notice. Also bicycle rentals, repairs, sales, a screened-in bunkhouse and a general store.
Cumberland Trail Connection, Cumberland, MD
(301) 777-8724 http://www.ctcbikes.com/ no email
Local shuttles from Cumberland. Also bike rentals, repairs and sales.
Mountainside Bike Tours, Cumberland, MD
(301) 722-4887 http://www.mountainsidebiketours.us/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Bike tour packages along the C&O and the GAP for groups of 2 to 20
Maple Leaf Outfitters, Meyersdale, PA
(814) 701-8080 https://www.mapleleafoutfitters.net/ email@example.com
luggage transfer, trip planning on the GAP
Sunshine Luggage Shuttle, Confluence, PA
(814) 279-5333 http://www.sunshineluggageshuttle.com/
Transporting/Transferring Luggage on the GAP and the C & O
Wilderness Voyageurs Rafting & Bike Tours, Ohiopyle, PA
(800) 272-4141 https://wilderness-voyageurs.com/
Bike tours for seniors on the GAP, C & O and other trails
Ohiopyle Trading Post, Ohiopyle, PA
(724) 329-1450 http://www.ohiopyletradingpost.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Pedal-Paddle packages on the Middle Yough. Also bicycle rentals in Ohiopyle.
Amtrak, Connellsville, PA
(800) 872-7245 https://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=am/am2Station/Station_Page&code=COV
Train service between Washington, DC and Pittsburgh, PA and many points between. There is roll-on, roll-off service for all stations, bur advance reservations are necessary.
Yough Canoe Outfitters & Campground, West Newton, PA
(724) 872-7585 http://www.youghcanoe.com/ email@example.com
Local shuttles for all points between Homestead and Ohiopyle
Bike the Great Allegheny Passage, Pittsburgh, PA
(412) 600-0675 http://www.bikethegreatalleghenypassage.com/
Same as Golden Triangle Bike Rental